Human system can mean many different things. In this lab, we look at it in three different ways:
Systems of Humans
- Can we build accurate simulations of problem-solving teams?
- How can be make organizations more efficient and effective?
Systems for Humans
- In what way can intelligent tools boost human performance?
- Can intelligent design tools be developed that mimic expert behavior?
Systems + Humans
- What are the implications of merging humans and machines as equal partners?
- What does an intelligent algorithm need to truly contribute?
Our research interests span the entire spectrum of human systems. Some examples of our research include discovering how to effectively manage and organize design teams and multi-team organization, designing computational algorithms that mirror human learning patterns, and developing new methods for rapidly analyzing renewable energy technology. If research like this sounds interesting to you, please take a look at our open positions.